Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Makings of a Replicant



Well... writing weblogs it seems is just like any other writing venture. Once you put pen to paper it all starts flowing. The problem is getting the pen to the paper.
Sure you can draw a straight line from point "a" to point "b"... but where do you put point "a" at?
The secret to doing it is really just doing it.

So here I am writing about writing in hopes of determining where to start this log at. I had originally thought about doing a commentary about how the various mediums of pop culture have helped mold my experiences. Or about how society is perpetually changing, while the human race actually moves in cycles. I chunked the latter as it seemed a wee bit too early for philisophical matters and I would like to keep this a light-toned environment.

I also thought about doing a piece on Fay Wray's death. I'll at least mention it to pay my respects.

Perhaps I should start by talking about my comic series, 'Nuther World Comics. So far I have done two issues and, with any luck, a third issue may make it out of me before the end of the year. I've been too busy procrastinating...
And I've been working on the art for another comic for someone else, which seems harder than doing my own. Once I get through with that, 'Nuther World Comics #2 will get my full attention.

I also plan to dust off my old mixes and remixes and post them here. And maybe I'll even get around to doing some new stuff.

These things are at the mercy of my new job, however, so it may take me a while to get all of it up.
Surprisingly, even though my job has kept me from playing Star Wars Galaxies for over a week, I had a moment of pause when I saw a sign saying "Combat Boots - $19.95". A quick thought went through my mind of comparing their armor rating with the shoes I'm wearing now. And I bet they ARE better... :-(

Before I finish, I'd like to take a minute to mention the creators that I find most influential (read: I really dig them): Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Ray Bradbury, Quentin Tarantino, Alan Moore, Brian Azzarello, Howard Chaykin, Mike Allred, Jaime Hernandez, Joss Whedon and Ridley Scott.

In the meantime, I'm currently working on my comic order for October, trying to get it ready for turning in this weekend. So until next time...

No comments: