Saturday, September 04, 2004

Another Galaxies Screenshot



Here I am sitting on the steps of the Jedi Temple Ruins on Dantooine.
I have just caused a big change in my character's life.

You probably think I became a Jedi.
Wrong.

See... I have this tendancy to shoot first... then think...

When I first started playing the game a couple months ago I wanted to work for Jabba. I thought it would have been cool to be a smuggler or bounty hunter working for him. And I'd get to rub elbows with Boba Fett (one of my heroes).
Well... it just turned out that I stumbled upon a mission to kill some guys that were causing trouble in the outskirts of Mos Eisley. I didn't think much of factions at the time. And once I finished plowing through their resistance I discovered they were Jabba's men and that I had totally screwed my chances of working for him. So I ended up trying to work for his competitor.
To no avail...

Anyway... this brings us to last night's fateful "Oops, I did it again" moment.

I was exploring Dantooine and found the Jedi Temple Ruins. Just outside of it was a man who wanted to give me a quest. The quest was to kill this "horrible beast" that was guarding the temple. I figured it was a test to see if I could prove worthy enough to enter the temple.
Wrong!

It really was a "guardian of the temple". And I killed it. This ancient reptile thing. All dead now.

I went back to the guy and he told me to do another mission for him, during which I discovered that I've started down the path of the dark side. Oh, joy!

Last I talked with him, he wanted me to kill who he said was the last Jedi alive in a cave nearby. I just left.

After I sat on the steps for a very long time.
Thinking of how royally screwed I was.

4 comments:

Psychbloke said...

Well, least he didn't ask you to pull the ears off a gundark.....

Republic of Replicants said...

True.
I have a friend that jokingly says he'll play if he can be a Gungan Jedi.

The race isn't available for play at the moment, however I have killed my fair share of them...

And yes, I imagine that they're Jar Jar...

Psychbloke said...

Can you fry Ewoks?

Republic of Replicants said...

Yep!
And Jawas, too!

:-)

BTW- sorry I haven't been around. Been adjusting to my new work schedule. I should be posting something new in the next few days.