Saturday, January 22, 2005

How Many Bloggers Does It Take To...

...Meltdown Blogspot.com?

I've been having a hellacious time trying to get into my dashboard. I usually go in by clicking on the "Blogger" Icon in the top left of the page. And I've been getting an error saying, "document contains no data".

So I just started clicking the "get your own blog" link and signing in through there. Haven't had any problems there.

I wonder if anybody else is experiencing these problems. Of course, since it is a free service I really can't complain. So I won't.

Meanwhile I was reading in the news that bloggers are becoming very influential.
The Associated Press reported that "According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, 27 percent of adults who go online in the United States read blogs. And blogs have greater impact because their readers tend to be policy makers and other influencers of public opinion, media experts say."

And they also state, "The growing influence of blogs is raising questions about whether they are becoming a new form of journalism and in need of more formal ethical guidelines or codes of conduct."

Hmmm... something to ponder about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they also state, "The growing influence of blogs is raising questions about whether they are becoming a new form of journalism and in need of more formal ethical guidelines or codes of conduct."

Hiya! JP from the PaperFilms Forum here, thought I'd comment on the above remark. I think it's interesting, and it both attracts and repels me. It's attractive to think that anyone can get their work out there and seen in their blogs -- even me (I've been good in keeping mine up since you reminded me I have one). On the other hand, anyone can get their work out there and seen in their blogs. It's a catch-22, for every well-thought-out editorial, you'll have some moron going on an ignorant rant. And the morons like to congregate.

As for regulation and ethics, are they kidding? I can't see any way to regulate something as complex as the blogging world. Sheesh, can't even get the FDA to regulate supplements.

Cheers!
JP

Republic of Replicants said...

You're so right!
It's a shame that the ones that are worth reading are given a bad rap by the few that aren't.

BTW, good to see you here. Thanks for dropping by.