Sunday, March 13, 2005

This Week's Comic Purchases

Here's what I got over the weekend:

Seven Soldiers of Victory: Shinig Knight #1 -It's no surprise that I was looking forward to this- the first mini-series that continues the Seven Soldiers story. And it does rock! Simone Bianchi's art is fantastic!
Gotham Central #29 -I almost don't miss Lark... almost...
Swamp Thing Vol.3: The Curse -I have books one and two and I've been wanting to continue my trade collection. And I finally had enough money left over to get it!
Promethea, Book 1 -something else I've been wanting to get. I had #'s 1, 3 and 13 and figured it'd just be easier (and cheaper) to get the trades. And with J.H. Williams doing Seven Soldiers, I finally succumbed.
Grimjack: Killer Instinct #1 and 2 - comic shop owner is swearing by them... unfortunately they seem much overpriced. Maybe if they used a lighter paper... Haven't read them, yet, but I hope they're worth being $4 each.
What If Karen Page Had Lived? -now we're going back to stuff I missed. Lark. Lark. Lark.
Black Widow #5 and 6 -finishes the series. Really good story.
Adam Strange #1 and 2 -Hastings surprisingly had the first two issues of Adam strange on the shelf. And for 75-cents each!!! Worth a try (and balances out those Grimjacks). Adam Strange is another one of those Seven Soldiers-inspired buys as Ferry is using the same art technique he's developed with Adam Strange on Mister Miracle.

No comments: