Monday, May 09, 2005

Picking up the Baton, Tripping... Stumbling...

Ah.
Here we go.

A couple weeks ago, Psychbloke offered me a challenge in the form of a meme.

A meme (not sure how it's pronounced since I've never actually said the word; I'm thinking "meem") is a list, kinda like those that fill up the last page of magazines, where one person is given a number of questions and he (or she) answers them. Then it's passed on to someone else who answers the same questions.
Cool, huh?

This was the invitation to accept. It also gives his answers.

So, here now begins mine...

1. You’re stuck inside FAHRENHEIT 451, which book do you want to be?

Hmmm... Either THE LADY OR THE TIGER? or ARABIAN NIGHTS. One messes with people's heads and the other is a neverending story full of magic, mystery, exotic women and locations and sex. And food. Healthy food, too.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I think so. Daphne on Scooby Doo and Ginger on Gilligan's Island. Yeap, I guess that's a yes.

3. The last book you bought is:

Two, actually.
361 by Donald E. Westlake and PLUNDER OF THE SUN by David Dodge, both from Hard Case Crime.

4. The last book you read:

Completely?
Hmmm... GRIFTER’S GAME by Lawrence Block, non-comic-wise. SWAMP THING: THE CURSE by Alan Moore and various artists, comic-wise.

5. What are you currently reading?

FADE TO BLONDE by Max Phillips, PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS AND BOUNTY HUNTERS by Ann G. Gaines for reference, a lot of Legend of the Five Rings fiction.

6. Five books you would take to a desert island:

*ARABIAN NIGHTS by various. This book is a classic. Delightfully conveys what the whole art of storytelling is about.

*THE ODYSSEY by Homer. Another classic. Even better if I can find a combo-book that pairs it with ILIAD. Never have been able to finish either one. Maybe if I was on a deserted island...

*LE MOTRE D'ARTHUR by Sir Thomas Malory. What can I say? I really likes me some classic stories.

*GOD CALLING by "Two Listeners". A book of daily devotionals written by two anonymous women sometime in the early 1930s. For some reason, the book really grabbed me. Probably because there was a mystery as to who wrote it. Not that it mattered. It really belonged in my life at the time it appeared.

*THE BIBLE. If I'm going to be alone on a desert island (and know it beforehand), I'm definitely gonna want this along.

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

I'm going to have to pass it to

1. Chris (Atomic Pulp) Mills, because I know he'll have answers ready and waiting.
2. Jason (Barlitok), because he loves things like these. He'll either post his at Atomic Pulp's forum or Ground Zero Comics' forum.
3. And Johnny fills in the #3 spot. Hopefully, he'll come out of his burn-out long enough to play along. We'll see.

6 comments:

Johnny B said...

Already did it!

Go here.

I'll be back in a week or so, by the way.

Psychbloke said...

Ah...so you had that Daphne thang going on too.....

Republic of Replicants said...

What can I say..?
I must like glamorous/preppy red-heads...

JP said...

Three thoughts:

1. Hey, another Arthurian geek!

2. Having read THE ILIAD, THE ODYSSEY, *and* the cheap Roman knockoff better known as THE AENEID, I have to say THE ODYSSEY is my favorite.

3. I'll refrain from commenting on the redhead thing...

JP

JP said...

Three thoughts:

1. Hey, another Arthurian geek!

2. Having read THE ILIAD, THE ODYSSEY, *and* the cheap Roman knockoff better known as THE AENEID, I have to say THE ODYSSEY is my favorite.

3. I'll refrain from commenting on the redhead thing...

JP

JP said...

Gah! Pardon the double post; don't know how that happened.

JP