Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Sign That I Work Too Much?

So, this morning I left for work. And as usual, I stopped at the same convenience store that I stop at every day to get me a nice large fountain drink to get me through the day.

I was a bit bewildered at the lady in front of me at the register who was buying two gallons of water. And when it was my turn, the cashier greets me with, "No water or gas?"
I was like, "Ummm... no..." and I paid for my drink and went to work.

Minutes later at work, the UPS delivery guy tells me that he needs to fill up his car before the gas goes up. That's when I discover that the hurricane had changed course and was heading closer to us.

I was like, "Oh... That explains it..."

So I spent the day waiting patiently for my lunch break so I could fill up my truck. Meanwhile, I'm hearing stories about how all the stores are selling out of C and D batteries, bottled water and how the gas stations are running out of gas.
And stories of how the refineries, once they're hit, will send gas prices over $4 a gallon.

Lunch break rolls around and I spend thirty minutes filling up my truck, which costs me a whopping $65.00 (There's goes my entertainment for the next month).

It looks like the storm won't really effect us until Friday night or Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it, since I'm closing the store both nights. Think I'll throw a toga party.

No comments: