Friday, November 25, 2005

The Annual Wal-Mart Whammies

Yay! The annual hostility and fighting at Wal-Marts across the country began this morning. I was going to try to be there to watch idiots fight over the last dvd player or the last boob-increased Barbies but I had stayed up too late last night and have to work today.

Meanwhile, I was reading Yahoo news and came across ".. so-and-so who was shopping at a local Wal-Mart, said she plans to spend about $1,000 this year on Christmas gifts, half of what she spent last year."

WTF??

She spent $2,000 last year on gifts? And she's only spending $1,000 this year?

Hell, I'd be doin' good to spend $300. And that's on everybody. I just can't afford to spend more than that. And I'm an Assistant Manager.

Also...
"The couple bought a pair of the computers as gifts for a niece and nephew entering college."

WTF?

I'd be sending them both hardcover-bound journals with a fancy pen assortment...

Nice to see that Yahoo mentioned the more upper-class experience of the holiday season's start, but what about those people in rural towns with lower income?

No comments: