Friday, November 25, 2005

Well... Happy Thanksgiving!

I spent mine cooking for my family and playing pool with friends.

Meanwhile, I've been dealing with a bout of food poisoning that I picked up Monday, well it started Monday, anyway.

I'm now trying to determine when and where I contracted it.

Using this chart, I think I may have narrowed the type of poisoning I had/have...

And, yes, I did take good care not to spread it to my family...
I'm not that evil.

Let's see... I had nausea, vomiting and diarrhea... And maybe a slight fever at one time... Maybe a headache... And a lot of gas...
No cramps, no chills, no vision problems, no pain...

That puts me with: Staphylococcus aureus or Bacillus cereus.

Which would put the minimum time of contact at four hours and the maximimum at 24.
Symptoms started at approximately just before I went to bed Monday night so...

I ate fast food the day before at about 8PM which puts that out of the time-frame. I had tacos for lunch Monday, which could be the source...
I think I had a cream of mushroom soup Monday night before I went back to work, but I remember I was already feeling bad. But it coulda been the milk.

Of course, I had just had a busy weekend, going out Saturday night, my birthday on Sunday, then opening the store Monday, going back at 10PM for the X-Box 360 launch, then opening again the next morning...
Plus putting in an application elsewhere between shifts.

I had attributed it all to stress. I know my blood pressure was up Tuesday night at the height of it all.

So here I am waiting for it to pass and I wasn't going to let it get me down. I was gonna eat, dammit.

And I did pretty good considering everything I ate Tuesday came back up.

I made a big meal, including cajun rice, chicken noodle casserole, green beans and stuffing.
I even got us a bottle of wine and found out how I'm the only one in my family that can drink it. Guess that's cause I drink and they don't.

Hope your Thanksgiving was as good or better.

No comments: