Friday, December 30, 2005

And Now For Something Completely Different...


I still don't know what to make of Warren Ellis' Nextwave.
It looks like it could be fun.

But something in me is resisting it.

Could be because my comic plate has been pretty full these last few months. Or it could be that I'm just not being grabbed by the characters or the art.

Newsarama just posted a color preview of several pages if you want to take a glimpse at it.

What has impressed me, however, is the way they're pushing the book. They even gave it it's own theme song (available at the above linked preview)!

2 comments:

Psychbloke said...

I thought this looked good too - must admit though, lately I've bought far more Warren Ellis issue ones than issue twos!

Republic of Replicants said...

Tell me about it.

I've kinda liked Ellis' work. Nothing real exciting to me though.

I liked Global Frequency, but I remember a time when he was bringing out like four mini-series a month.

I ended up being overwhelmed by the number of them and simply read something else.

I still need to catch up on Desolation Jones, too.