Wednesday, December 14, 2005

PSP Stuff

Thought I'd take a moment to talk about the cool utilities I've discovered for my PSP.

First up is PSP Video 9. This is a great program that converts video files to a format that the PSP can play (generally .MP4 files). The vids I've converted to check it out came out looking real nice.

MioMediaBox for PSP v1.11 seems like something handy for people on the go. Unfortunately, I haven't got it to work properly on my 2.0 version PSP. However, the "notes" feature does work. That alone was still pretty impressive.

The same creators have also put out PSP Web Browser Simulator v1.2, a virtual PSP browser for your computer. May sound strange at first, but it gives you a chance to see how well some sites look viewed through the PSP's browser.

Jpegbook does the note feature of the MediaBox... but one step further. It converts whole text files into jpegs formatted for the PSP's screen.
I tested it out with a script of BladeRunner and it worked perfectly. Came out to around four-hundred images, but all transferrable to the PSP.

Most of the software I mention here was brought to my attention through Portable Gaming Revolution's incredible podcast (which is now on episode 33 or so!). Check it out if you have a PSP or are planning on getting one.

No comments: