Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Sony and Microsoft... Together???


Hot on the heels of the announcement of 29MP4 Video Store's launch, we find out that Starz! has something of their own.

Vongo is Starz! new movie download service. For a price of $9.99 a month you can download any of up to a thousand, if not more, movies.

Working with Microsoft and Sony, most of the movies will be available in both PC format and a portable format.

I haven't tried it out, yet, as my Netspend card is currently depleted, but it has raised some questions in my mind.

I wonder how long the downloads will last, like if they have a time span before they go corrupt.

And I wonder how many times you can move it from the PC to the memory card, since with memory cards the way they are (due to their small size and high price) you would have to alternate the movies pretty regularly.

If anyone checks this out, let me know what you think of it.

No comments: