Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Have Your Say

I've been kinda busy with work and barhopping the last few weeks and neglecting my blog.

So I'm going to ask for you guys to help me out here. What is it that you enjoy most from me and my blog? What do you want to see more of?

PSP news/reviews, comics news/reviews, music news/reviews, music downloads, slice of life stuff, pictures, comics?

Let me know what you want more of and what direction you think I should take this thing.

My time's been pretty limited lately and I can't seem to fit it all in.

Meanwhile, let's see if I can fill you in on what's been going on.

We just got a new store manager at work and he seems like a good guy. I'll have to wait and see.

I mentioned "barhopping" earlier, but it's really just one bar. They have free pool from 4 'til 7 everyday but for some reason I'm there long enough to hear them say last call.

I've been playing The Con, Hustle and World Championship Poker on my PSP. All three are really good. (And for the record, World Championship Poker is much better than World Series of Poker on the PSP.)
I didn't think I would like The Con at first but after I got into it I'm lovin' it.
All three games give you character customization and advancement.
Hustle took a while to adjust to as far as controls but after I won my first game I started to feel more confident. And the tips on it and WCP are great, too.

As far as comics go, I've read all the Seven Soldiers books to date and Frankenstein comes out this week. I'm probably gonna miss it and have to order it somewhere, which means I won't get to read it for a while.
I'm not really reading anything else at the moment as I stripped my monthly buying list down to Seven Soldiers and All-Star Superman.

I've continued my collection of 18th Street Lounge music. I'm really diggin' the whole label. Very nice and laid back stuff.

I also started listening to some B-Boy music after watching Madonna's appearance at the Grammys (I found it on the net). Old school stuff like White Lines, Rockit and Jam On It. I watched a few breakdancing videos and wished I was twelve years old again.

By the way, I'm wishing that they'll bring Bladerunner out on PSP.

2 comments:

Psychbloke said...

As a long term fan of the Republic, I'm sorry I've taken so long to comment....

I only found out what a PSP was when one of my students explained it to me yesterday - I abandoned PS1 when Psychboy was born (we've just resurrected Tekken - he loves it... I play Michelle Chan - she is cool) - so none too worried about that side of things.

I like the personal quirky side of blogging - 'Comprehensive' I can get from the big comics blogs, but I like the drawings, the music, the stuff about what you been up to.

Probably not good considering all the work you put in since, but my favourite post is still the one where you got flattened by a ronto in a Star wars RPG.

I'd like to request sketches, odd juxtapositions of musical tracks, more thoughts on Seven Soldiers (in fact - tell us the ending - I gave up on it, but I still think it was brave stuff in this day and age).... whatever


Thanks for everything so far.....

Republic of Replicants said...

Thanks for your input, Psych.

I'll be getting this thing back on track tomorrow. Providing I don't spend all night at the bar.