Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New PSP By Christmas?

Ain't it Cool News reports that we'll be seeing a new PSP by the end of the year.

Seems Sony’s current internal plans call for a release of a refitted PSP around Christmas this year. The device will, indeed, be streamlined (thinner), lighter, boast 4 gigs of memory and a camera. Proteus indicated Sony is having a hell of a time with PlayStation 3 on several fronts (between PS3’s Cell processor and its built-in Blu-ray DVD, cost effectiveness has pretty much gone out the window). Seems the ever-phantasmic PS3 may well be delayed until next year, with Sony’s reworked PSP being positioned as a lead-in to its release (in the same way Nintendo’s release of the oh-so-sexy DS Lite heralds the coming of Revolution).

I've had mine since November and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm sure the Christmas release will be in Japan, so it'll probably hit stateside in January or February. Which means I'll still have my current PSP for quite a while.

Meanwhile, I've been eye-ing a 4GB Harddrive for my PSP. Don't know if I wanna plop down the $200 for it, though.

In other PSP news, Untold Legends 2 and Metal Gear Acid 2 both come out this month and I still need to finish the first ones. I got so busy at work, pool and playing The Con, Hustle and World Champ Poker that I haven't even put them in my system. I think I need to spend some quality time with them.

Also, Atom Films, the well-known indie shorts web-site has a new "to go menu". These are shorts that are available for download to your computer, iPod or PSP!
I've checked out Streets of Pain (okay...) and Consent (funny) so far.
I just hope they continue updating it on a regular basis. I just received an e-mail from them stating that they've added two more clips this week so that's a good sign.

No comments: