Thursday, March 23, 2006

Only the best show ever made...


Today I'm gonna dust off my Prisoner boxed set and get into some surreal entertainment.

Meanwhile, here's some links to enjoy if you are (or aren't) familiar with The Village...

RetroWeb Classic Television: The Prisoner
Includes several unique publicity images as well as aerial photos of The Village.

Prisoner at IMDB
Cast, Crew, Reviews, Plot Summary, Comments, Discussion, Taglines, Trailers, Posters, Photos, Showtimes, Link to Official Site, Fan Sites

Six of One Info: The Prisoner Appreciation Society, Six of One Information
Official Fan Club

Number Six
Extensive guide to The Prisoner.

Prisoner at Wikipedia
'Nuff said!

Joe Brae's Ultimate Prisoner Resource
Many pictures and GIFs taken from the show.

Another Prisoner site
Rick Ojo McGrath reviews The Prisoner DVD set.

The Prisoner FAQ
A FAQ with no spoilers.

More Prisoner Links
If these aren't enough for you.

And a late addition:
Cult TV Programmes
Has real media video clips of intros to a bunch of cult shows, including The Prisoner and The Avengers.

Be seeing you...

6 comments:

Roscoe said...

Ah yes, The Prisoner! A classic! Thanks for reminding me about it. After reading this post I was moved to add the series to my Netflix queue. I don't have the convenience of owning the boxed set as you do, but soon I'll be re-enjoying the shows, too. :)

Republic of Replicants said...

Do they have The Avengers?
That's next on my list. Unfortunately, I've never been able to afford any of those...

Republic of Replicants said...

Oddly enough, I have a friend that works at Blockbuster who convinced me to sign up for the online service but I never activated it.

After checking both them and Netflix I was compelled to join both.

Unfortunately, Blockbuster doesn't have the '67 season of Avengers.

So I have the first three discs of '65 coming from Blockbuster and the first three discs of '67 coming from Netflix.

Sweet!

Roscoe said...

Sweet! :)

When I was adding The Prisoner to my Netflix queue, I noticed that they also have the old Dark Shadows TV series, another of my faves from back in the day. What a world! :)

Republic of Replicants said...

I saw those. They're in my que, also.

And I got the Saint lined up over at Blockbuster.

doppelganger said...

Ah.... You're right, The Daddy of TV shows

Was hoping to head over to Portmerion this summer, but sprog number three has kaiboshed that little plan...

Ho hum.....