Sunday, April 02, 2006

Marvel Comics for June 1982

Now, before you freak out and wonder if you read that right, yes... that is 1982.
I've decided to go back and recollect the comics from around the time I started reading them.

And I'll be referring to the cover date instead of the shipping date as I'm not quite sure what month they shipped in. Comics nowadays ship about two months before cover date. However, I think back then it was only a month.

Comics with an * are books I currently own. June is actually complete as I have all the issues listed for the month. For July and later, I'll be limiting myself to around a dozen titles.

I'll be sorta following the format of the old Bullpen Bulletins page with cover pics that's shown that month and info from the Hype Box starting off the listings.
Magazines and graphic novels are omitted since I won't be getting those.

June, 1982


* GHOST RIDER #69
Look for some very special fireworks in this mag from now on, as the new creative trio of ROGER STERN, BOB BUDIANSKY, and DAVE SIMONS really goes to town. We think they're gonna be the next team to really set the industry on its ear. See for yourself.

* MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #88
The Thing and the She-Hulk.
* TEAM AMERICA #2
Delayed to July
* SPIDER-WOMAN #44
* DAZZLER #16
* KA-ZAR #15
* DENNIS THE MENACE #8
* DAREDEVIL #183
The Angel Dust Saga, part 1
* G.I. JOE #1
Pulsin' premiere issue!
* AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #229
* CAPTAIN AMERICA #270
* THOR #320
* MICRONAUTS #42
* MOON KNIGHT #20
* DOCTOR STRANGE #53
* INCREDIBLE HULK #272
* AVENGERS #220
* CONAN #135
* MARVEL TALES #140
* X-MEN #158
* ROM #31
* POWER MAN/IRON FIST #82
* MIGHTY MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS (MINI-SERIES) #1
All of Marvel's mightiest compete for the greatest prize of all!
* FANTASTIC FOUR #243
* MARVEL TEAM-UP #118
Spider-Man and the X-MEN's Professor X!
* IRON MAN #159
* PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #67
* DEFENDERS #108
* STAR WARS #60
* WHAT IF #33
Alternate realities of Iron Man and the Dazzler.
* MASTER OF KUNG FU #113


The hardest books to get were FANTASTIC FOUR, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, X-MEN and STAR WARS. G.I. JOE was probably the most costly of the bunch.

Keeping- MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE, SPIDER-WOMAN, DAREDEVIL, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, MOON KNIGHT, DOCTOR STRANGE, AVENGERS, POWER MAN/IRON FIST, MIGHTY MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS, FANTASTIC FOUR, IRON MAN, MASTER OF KUNG FU.

Dropping- DAZZLER, KA-ZAR, DENNIS THE MENACE, G.I. JOE, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, MICRONAUTS, GHOST RIDER, INCREDIBLE HULK, CONAN, MARVEL TALES, X-MEN, ROM, MARVEL TEAM-UP, PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, DEFENDERS, STAR WARS, WHAT IF.

No comments: