Monday, May 22, 2006

My Original Art Collection

I don't have a large selection of other people's work.
Really, I only have two.

The cons that I do get to go to don't generally give me much of a chance to get any original art. Except Wizard World, but I usually find myself with not enough money to afford one there.

Here's what I have so far.


This one is Fire (of JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL and CHECKMATE) by Joe Singleton.
Singleton is a very accomplished illustrator and his other works can be seen here.


And this one is Jose Roberto Mesarina's rendering of his creator-owned character, Unbelievable Laundry Detergent Man.

He has a small press comic featuring the hero and you can find out more at his website.

5 comments:

nino said...

Hi Lee " Kossori" Stone. I was surfing the net and I found your blog here about your original artwork collection . I had totally forgotten that I drew up this quick sketch for you so long ago . Well, not so so long ago . Nice to see you posted it here and are still in possesion of it . Hold on to it . It's going to be worth more than 5 bucks someday . I have an interview with a casting director for H.B.O. on June 3rd. Then on June 15th, the U.P.N. network is coming to Chicago to interview me!!! I hope this leads to Eastman and Laird type of success. Keep your fingers crossed , Man . Your sketch might just make it to 10 whole dollars !!! Woo-hoo!!! Well, Later .

Nino.

Republic of Replicants said...

Hey, Nino!!

Welcome to my little spot.
I'm very happy for your success and wish you the best of luck!
I'll definitely hold on to the sketch and promise not to let go. At least until it reaches $20 or more. :-)

BTW... How's Ian and the gang?
I've been back to the Dimestore forums a few times and it seems every time I come back he's got a new forum going and I have to re-register.

Republic of Replicants said...

Hey, Nino...
Your link's not working.

nino said...

Hey, that's weird? I just clicked on my link and it worked for me fine . Here it is again. http://www.209studiocomics.com
plus, about Ian? I broke off communication with him and I don't know what is going on with him or Dimestore . Whatever he is doing, good luck to him and his projects . Thanks for all the kind words about my success . Hold on to that originial sketch . When I make it J.K. Rowling's huge, I am going to fake my death and it will be worth WAY more than 20 bucks . Maybe even 25!!!

Nino.

Republic of Replicants said...

Hmmm... I'm getting "www.209studiocomics.com cannot be found."

Tried going through Yahoo and got the same error.

It may just be my isp acting up. I'll check again later.