Friday, May 28, 2010

The Years Go By...

It's been almost three years since my last post here. Which, oddly enough is about how long I've been store manager at my current job... Coincidence..? o.O

Anyways... Let's see how much has changed in that amount of time...

I'm still reading comics. Can't quit 'em. However, my tastes have been leaning more and more toward independent and alternative comics.

Looks like the last time I was here I was all into DC Comics' space characters. I was picking up GREEN LANTERN, HAWKMAN and the RANN/THANAGAR WAR. I was also following Darwyn Cooke's SPIRIT and Mike Allred's MADMAN ATOMIC COMICS.

In the time since I disappeared I dropped the DC space books when I got behind and BLACKEST NIGHT was on the horizon.

My job keeps me at work until 6PM through the week and I work Saturdays, too, so I no longer have the time to go to the nearest comic shop which is about an hour away. I began purchasing back issues through MyComicShop and pre-ordering through DCBS. Unfortunately, I've also changed living arrangements in the last couple of years as I'm now living alone and so have less money to spend.

I've done pretty good the last few months as I've made an order each month since January through DCBS and I've managed to keep my total less than $25 a month (including shipping). With gas the way it is, I'd spend half of that just going to the comic shop and back. I do miss going up and seeing Dave and browsing comics, though.

I'll be posting about the comics I ordered here soon.

In the meantime, I also completed a course in fitness/nutrition and I'm currently enrolled in an art class through Penn Foster.

'Nuther World Comics is still around. I just haven't been able to find the time or energy to effectively get anything done. I finally got motivated this month and found my mojo... and then the desktop that I scan art in to finish in photoshop crashed.

No comments: