Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The New Love and Rockets Editions


I have to say that the new Love and Rockets Library looks real good.
It's almost tempting to abandon getting the previous trades for it.

I currently have seven books from the trades (1-3, 5, 6, 12 and 14) and I'm not sure if I want to switch.

I like that the old trades were reprinted from the original comics in a pretty much issue-by-issue basis. I understand the Library Editions separate Jaime's work from Gilbert's to make it easier for fans to get just one brother if they don't care for the other. I have a preference for Jaime over Gilbert, myself, but I still find Gilbert's stories entertaining.

I don't think I'll be getting the Library Editions just yet. Maybe after I finish the trades and start moving on to the more recent stuff. But they do look great!


Love and Rockets: New Stories is the brothers' newest series that's currently running. Here's a review of the first issue.


In other Hernandez Brothers news, partikal7 does a short review of Birdland.

No comments: