Friday, August 06, 2010

This Just Ordered

I couldn't resist a deal that I was made aware of yesterday.


Thoreau at Walden, by John Porcellino, is on sale at Amazon.com right now for $2.06 (regular price: $16.99). Go here to get your own copy before it's too late!

John Porcellino is a cartoonist that I discovered through THE BEST AMERICAN COMICS series of books. Particularly the 2006 edition (the only one I have... so far - see below).


Kim Deitch (another creator I first saw in the BEST OF book) suggested that I check out PICTORAMA a few months ago and I was looking to find something to fill my cart with. He has a style that reminds me of the Underground Comix of the 60s and 70s.
I'm really looking forward to checking it out.



I'm also getting the 2007 volume of BEST AMERICAN COMICS as I'm nearing the end of the first one and I'm planning to get each year's edition.

(For those that are interested, here's the 2006 collection.)



Then, over at Fantagraphics website, I went ahead and grabbed MOME #1 (Summer 2005). This will be another anthology title that I'm going to be reading on a regular basis.

So after all this... My Indie Comics diet will consist of POOD, MOME and the BEST OF AMERICAN COMICS series. I may add more later.

BTW... I got the first issue of POOD in this week and I'm planning to do a review soon. I can say that I'm quite pleased so far... But I'm gonna stop there. For now.

No comments: