Friday, September 17, 2010

Photoshop Tips & Tricks


I'm rather new when it comes to Photoshop.

I've used it for several years but never really learned how to do anything with it.
I think all I ever really used it for was to scan stuff in, adjust the contrast and save as a jpeg.

All I ever learned about coloring art was from Sketch Magazine #1.

I recently saw a book on one of my trips to the bigger city and was inspired by it: Creative Photoshop Portrait Techniques.

While my interest was piqued, I still wasn't willing to spare $30 to find out how terrible I was. Instead, I went online and did some searching.

I found this information here that led to the last three of my recent picture experiments.

Then over here I spotted a few more useful tutorials.

I have to apologize for my lack of content the last few days. My co-worker quit Monday and the air conditioning followed suit the same day. I have been working on a review for DOOM PATROL and an article about the digital age of comics but I've been mentally drained from running the office by myself and physically drained from the heat. Then I have company this weekend so my one day off is going to be busy.

Nevertheless, I'm going to try to squeeze something on here by Monday. The 2000 AD, Interzone and 7th Dimension updates should continue uninterrupted.

No comments: